Princess Diana was one of the most popular and influential style icons. Her fashion sense, along with her solid humanitarian convictions, made her a household name. Read on to learn more about her fashion and style statement.
About Princess Diana
Princess Diana was an international icon and one of the most beloved celebrities of the 20th century. She was also a highly influential figure in the fight against child trafficking and AIDS.
Diana was born as Diana Frances Spencer in 1961, the only child of Earl Spencer and Lady Di. When she was just two years old, her mother died in a car accident, which left her father to raise her alone. Diana spent much of her time as a young girl with her nanny and governess.
In 1981, at 18, Diana married Prince Charles, who later became heir to the British throne. When Charles became Prince of Wales the following year, they moved into Buckingham Palace. Princess Diana became an international sensation after giving birth to their son William in 1982.
Two years later, on August 31st, 1997, Princess Diana was killed in a car crash while traveling along the M1 highway in England with Dodi Al-Fayed (Diana’s former bodyguard). This tragic event sparked global mourning and led to widespread changes within the British government concerning how royal families are dealt with in case of tragedy.
Fashion and style statement of Princess Diana
Princess Diana was known for her flawless fashion sense and stylish style. She was always ahead of the curve in fashion, and her influence is still felt today. Here are some of her most famous fashion moments:
- In 1985, she wore a gown designed by Jean Paul Gaultier that made headlines worldwide.
- In 1992, she stunned the crowd in a green sequinned dress at the MTV Video Music Awards.
- In 1996, she blew everyone away with her outrageous white outfit at the Paparazzi Awards show.
- In 1997, she wore a thigh-high PVC dress at a charity event showing her incredible curves.
- In 1998, she stunned audiences with her colorful and intricate yellow dress at the Queen’s Jubilee celebrations.
- And finally, in 1999, she displayed yet another unique designer gown to celebrate her wedding to Prince Charles.
British fashion models like Twiggy and Jean Shrimpton often inspired Princess Diana’s style. She also dressed in modern fashion at times but always kept her look classy and elegant. Her influence on fashion has been undeniable, and she remains one of the most celebrated style icons of all time.
In conclusion, Princess Diana was known for her stylish clothes. She often dressed in unique, chic outfits that reflected her personality and style. Her death in a car crash in 1997 left a lasting impact on the fashion world, as her style inspired many.